The University of Birmingham 2:1 (Hons) English Literature
I am a young professional woman who loves nothing more than picking up a printed magazine or newspaper, whilst enjoying social media as a new medium of communication. As a graduate from The University of Birmingham, I am seeking a position in Journalism & Publishing with a tremendous stamina to rise above the task in hand, proficient interviewing skills and an adaptation to ‘in house rules’. My drive is limitless and my determination to be creative can be seen through interviews I have conducted and with my active role on a charity ball committee at university. My particular passion is for fashion, lifestyle and events. Life never stands still for me.
- Formulating content distribution for quality online publications.
- SEO analysis to increase performance of URL traffic and visitor statistics.
- Knowledge of online marketing using SEO understanding and copy writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of online and social media formats and targeted means of communications using Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook and more recently, Instagram.
- Research skills using various information sources and references.
- Creativity through personal initiative, ideas and genuine enthusiasm.
- Fast and proficient IT using Microsoft Office, WordPress, Photoshop and other applications.
- Willingness to learn and acquire additional editorial skills using design and editing tools.
- Teamwork, enjoying both the environments of being a “team player” and working independently when required.
- The art of communication at all levels and excellent customer service.
Relevant Journalism & Publishing Experience – Online, Social Media & Publications
April 2015 – Reboot Online
Content Writer & SEO Outreach Expert
I write creative content/news/publications with the aim of getting the content distributed to quality online publications, bloggers and websites for high-end clients and ensuring they rank at the highest level possible.
March 2015 – Illustrated London News
Editorial intern assisting editor of Sphere Magazine and Luxury Avenue
As editorial intern, I worked across all titles published at ILN, but primarily Sphere and Luxury Avenue (a fashion and beauty magazine for our client in Mexico). I researched and wrote new blog posts for Sphere’s ‘Editor’s blog’. One of my contributions was the Great British Getaway, 30 Match 2015
February 2015 – Hello Magazine
Intern assisting Fashion and Beauty Coordinator
I assisted the fashion and beauty coordinator with editorial mentions, compiling a database to include all brands mentioned in Hello Fashion since its launch in September.
September 2014 – to February 2015 – Runwild Media Group.
I was an editorial intern, writing and researching copy content for residential magazines, targeting young professionals and families in the areas of south west London. I had a certain level of freedom to write featured articles and interviews which I requested as well as regular monthly pages to draw a significant interest to the target audience. I produced copy to tight deadlines, requiring strong editorial skills and solid research abilities. Visit my website for RunWildMediaGroup articles published
July 2014 – September 2014 – Ethical Hedonist
Editorial Intern for online and social media.
(I continue to help Alison Jane Reid with the magazine’s social media)
I was an intern for Alison Reid with her new online publication, Ethical Hedonist, an ethical, eco and luxury fashion magazine. I was her researcher and editorial contributor during the start-up phase, but specifically for all aspects of online presence and Social Media. My published online contributions include: Ethical Hedonist – The River Thames comes alive in September.
June 2013 – August 2013 – TAGMAG
Editorial Intern for online and social media.
I was required to write and publish articles for the online magazine. I also worked on the graphic designs using Photoshop and Publisher as well as liaising with clients and writing proposals to interested companies and advertisers. Finally, I contributed in establishing the rebranding of TAGMAG’s online presence. Visit my website for a list of all TAGMAG articles published.
Additional Information, Interests & Other Activities
- Charity – One of my most notable achievements to date was being part of an events committee at University where I helped fund, manage and organise a charity ball for more than 300 students that raised more than £5000 for the chosen charity of the evening.
- Literature & Music – Enjoying my continuing passion and pursuit of diverse ranges of publications, texts, formats and music.
- Full UK Driving License.
- References – These are available upon request.